Thursday, February 20, 2014

Memoir



Venance G. Agnero
English 1101-015
Memoir
I moved with my dad when I was 5 years old.
My dad was living with another woman who I met when I moved into his house.
That woman was very nice to me, I remember she even used to call me her second husband.
I also found out that my dad had two other children after me, one my little sister was three years old and the other one, my little brother was about one year old.
I was very happy to have brother and sister. I enjoyed them, I took care of them when sometimes my step mother had to go for shopping.
When I started school, I could not play much with them anymore because I had to study my lessons and  do my homework.
We all grew up, and all enrolled in school. I made friends at school, and often after class I had soccer game with friends.
My dad was a very nice guy, very opened, and an easy going guy. He had a lot of friends, and remember every weekend, we had party at home. Many friends of my dad came home enjoy dinner and drink.
My dad was a transit agent, he brought at home different brand of liquor, so we had a collection of many kind of liquor at home. I even remember when I was around 12 years old, one day I had hidden to try some of one of those liquor, just to know how it tastes like, I remember I got very drunk, very tired and sleepy.
My dad friends were very nice to us, They  sometimes bought us gifts. As kids that moments was wonderful, because everything looked perfect.
Couples years later, my dad got an accident when having that usual party. I had the news in the morning when I woke up. At the end of the day he came back home from the hospital with a plaster on his neck.
After recovery, he stopped  any show, and at the same time lost many of his friends. But some of them, I think the best of my dad friends still used to come to visit us.
Unfortunately at that time of his accident, my dad also lost his wife, my brother and sisters mother. She was gone living to my dad four kids and I.
I knew that reason of their separation when I turned 18. So as the oldest, when my step mother left I had to take care of my brother and sisters, keep everything clean in the house, fix dinner with the assistance of the oldest of my little sisters.
After couple months my dad met another lady who  used to come help us for the lunch and dinner, until sometime later she moved in with us.
That woman was a great mother, she was very maternal, she treated us more than her own children, she knew how to make us be happy, she always gave us what we need.
She raised us like her own children, we grew up with her in the harmony until I went to college and left my dad house.

No comments:

Post a Comment